Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Can I take the photographs myself? Do I really need a Google Trusted Photographer?
A Google Trusted Photographer uses specialist camera equipment and has been trained and certified to provide high quality panoramic photographs used by Google's Street View technology to create interactive virtual tours.
2. I'm not sure if my business is suitable for a virtual tour.
Almost all businesses will benefit from a virtual tour. Restaurants, cafes, pubs, shops, sports clubs, venues, showrooms, dentists, opticians, factories and even offices. Almost any company where customers will visit or would like to visit to see your operation.
3. What is the cost to get my business photographed?
The cost is depepndent on the number of camera positions that are required to record 360 views. It is a one off cost with no annual or recurring hosting charges.
The panoramic and still Point Of Interest photographs belong to you to do as you wish.
Please contact us for a free quotation.
4. What's included in the price?
The agreed number of panoramic photographs to best show off your business and between 10 and 20 still 'Point Of Interest' photographs. If you have requested the setup of your Google + Local page then this will be provided as well.
5. Do I need to prepare for the photo shoot?
Once you have agreed on a photo shoot, you may want to clean and tidy up for when the photographer comes to photograph your business. You want the customer to see what they would normally see if they visited your business.
6. How long will the photo shoot take?
The photo shoot usually takes between 1 and 2 hours.
7. Can I choose which areas of the business are photographed?
Yes of course, you can choose exactly which areas are photographed and which areas are excluded but be aware that from each camera position the view has to be a complete 360 degrees.
8. Do I need to shut my business during the photo shoot?
No the photographs can be taken when the business is open but it is best if the photographs are taken during a quiet period with very few or no customers around either at the start or the end of the day. Any people who are photographed during this photo shoot will have their faces blurred before the virtual tour is published.
9. Who owns the photographs taken by a Trusted Photographer?
The photographs are your property to do as you wish. All you will need to do prior to the shoot is to sign a contrat that allows Google to publish the panoramic photographs and still Point Of Interest photographs.
10. Can I ask for a repeat photo shoot?
Yes, of course. You are welcome to request a photo shoot specially if your stock or decor changes.
11. How long has Google Street View | Trusted been around?
Google Street View | Trusted was first piloted in 2011 and started being available in UK in 2012.
12. What do the enhanced search results look like?
You will see the 'See Inside' photograph on the right in the screen shot below. Clicking on it will take the viewer into the virtual tour.